Tyler participated in his first Pinewood Derby last week. Anyone who knows Tyler knows that he is a Lego fanatic so he decided to make his car out of legos and glue it to the block of wood they were given. I was a little concerned that this would be frowned upon but it worked well for him. There were some amazing cars, I'm sure the boys worked very hard on, and the dads' had nothing to do with ;) . I was worried that Tyler would be upset because his was not as spectacular as the other cars but he was proud of his car. It actually faired pretty well, especially considering we were worried one of the wheels would fall off! They had a track that registered how fast the cars went and Tyler's car was usually around 195 mph. Not nearly the fastest time but definitely a respectable speed. The thing that I loved the most was that Tyler was a great sport. His car only won once out of 5 or 6 races but he didn't let that get him down. I was very proud of him. He is growing up fast!
The competition





1 comments:
That's such a good idea! Way to go Tyler! I bet Grampa Nikki would be proud too;-)
Post a Comment