Thursday, December 11, 2008

Megan ties her shoes.

Megan learned to tie her shoes yesterday. She got so excited. I wish I could have taught her sooner but she is a flip flop girl and I had to wait until winter. These are my favorite moments as a mother. I loved seeing my kids ride their bikes for the first time and go to school for the first time and of course tie their shoes. I love that overwhelming feeling of pride and being so excited for them. In the grand scheme of things learning to tie your shoe is not a big deal, but to see the sense of accomplishment on their faces is awesome. These are the times when all the temper tantrums and lost nights of sleep fade and you realize what it is to be a parent. It's about teaching them all these little "insignificant" things so that they can grow up and be independent adults. I love being a mom and I am so grateful for my little stinkers.

1 comments:

The Crazy Heads said...

We heard all about it in the car ride to school this morning. We have yet to conquer this due to the fact that right now Ali doesn't own any shoes with laces. It wasn't on purpose it just worked out that way.