Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Having Friends Over

Right now I am hiding:) Tyler has a friend over and the chaos just gets to me after awhile. I grew up in a house with two kids(both of them girls) and a mom. Not a whole lot of chaos going on(except when we were teenagers and screaming at each other). I know it is good for my kids to be able to come over and I like being able to keep an eye on them, especially with certain kids, but I go a little nuts over time. I think that I need to read my previous post and get in that frame of mind again:) So, because I grew up in such a small family with no boys and not a lot of noise I am still trying to learn how to deal with the constant motion and loud volume. I know quite a few of you grew up in big families, how do you cope? I guess for now I will go plunge into a good book and tune out the noise. By the way, I really appreciate all of your great blogs, they make me smile.

4 comments:

The Crazy Heads said...

Don't go nuts, just call me and we can chat!!!!

George and Caralee said...

In time it may bug you less. I do however firmly believe that having the chaos in YOUR home is better than not knowing what is going on somewhere else. I suppose it's like anything else. Come What May and Love It and...ENDURE! It can be very rewarding to watch your kids with their peers, in a safe environment. Now for the "real" advice...
BUCK UP- YOU CAN DO IT!

Tara said...

Linds! Just do what our mom did: Lock the kids out and tell them not to come home until its dark outside. If you're feeling merciful you could leave a loaf of bread and peanut butter on the porch! ;) Happy boys are LOUD boys...its a beautiful thing (especially from afar!. Love you sis! Cant wait to see you guys in March!

Lindsey said...

Tara-Graydon says that your mom actually did that. LOL.